Finally, it’s fireplace weather! Before you light the yule log, you’ll want to make sure that your fireplace is safe.
Check these things first before kicking your feet up by the fireplace:
- Inspect your chimney for any visual signs of damage or deterioration.
- Make sure your flue cap is in place.
- Shine a flashlight up in the flue, and look for creosote deposits.
- Test the damper to ensure that it opens and closes properly.
- Have a professional come out and do a proper chimney cleaning. We recommendCarl Metz with Metz and Son Chimney LLC in Kansas City.
Don’t have a fireplace? Head to one of the top three fireplace spots in the city to sit by the fire.
Grunauer: A little bit of Austria right in Kansas City. Enjoy the delicious strudel by the fireplace.
Lidia’s: It’s hard to miss this welcoming fireplace when you walk through the doors at Lidia’s. Order a drink at the bar — then sit back and enjoy the atmosphere.
Cafe Europa - Crestwood: A cozy place with an exceptional menu based on seasonal food. Enjoy one of the incredible homemade desserts while listening to the crackle of the dining room fireplace.
Stay warm, Kansas City!
Need a hand? ReeceNichols has partnered with Zaarly to make sure you get the best service experts for all of your home projects! Ask your ReeceNichols agent for a $50 promo code to use on your first project!
Sign up for Zaarly. It’s free!